A week late, but I'm in the middle of GSCEs so I've got an excuse.
HMMMMM I WONDER WHO'S AESTHETIC WE'RE GOING FOR HERE, HMMMM? Okay, it's a bit more obscure than I should think.
So, what's been 2017 up until May? (I am fully aware I use the artist's comments to just rant about fantastic shit XD)
Starting with the music, as that's what is most important:
- I got into Radiohead. Honestly one of the best things that has ever happened to me and ever will happen to me. The Bends is one of my favourite albums of all time now (there are four that I cannot choose between and won't even try) and I have honestly never been mindfucked in greatest way possible so hard as I have been by Planet Telex. If there's one thing to describe 2017, it's Radiohead.
- I got the R.E.M. compilation album Dead Letter Office/Chronic Town. It's bloody amazing. Never used to like that version of Gardening At Night, but it's perfect for inducing some lovely trippy dreams.
- Listened to The Battle of Los Angeles by Rage Against the Machine the whole way through for the first time. WOAH. Born of a Broken Man is the saddest fuckin' thing I've ever heard.
- Horses by Patti Smith. Birdland is the second saddest fuckin' thing I've ever heard.
- For Crying Out Loud by Kasabian has come out and I've still never got the chance to hear it fully! Save me!
- SUPERCHARGE by Enter Shikari. UGH IT'S SO DANCEABLE. Seeing them again in November. HYPED.
- I've been steadily increasing my lyrical and poetic ability. Dead set on becoming a singer/lyricist. No stopping me now.
- I joined the Music Fusion group Rock School! Best fun ever and has made my voice and style improve a lot!
Other shit that happened:
- I turned 16! I'm still as small as a 10 year old though.
- I've barely got any friends left! Yay! My best friend will hardly acknowledge my existence and faked her own depression for my attention! Woo! Fucked me up for a while, but I'm fucking fabulous so I'm getting over it.
- VIBRANT EYESHADOW OBSESSION. STRIPY TIE OBSESSION. SHIRT OBSESSION. BLAZER OBSESSION. Yes, I overdress 24/7 and look like a goon but oh well, it feels so good to look good.
- Personal confidence gone up by like 200%
- half-way through GSCEs! 9 left to go! I'm gonna be ecstatic leaving school.
- Been more than a year since I have been identifying as both bisexual and aromantic and I'm still perfectly happy with that.
COCKEH IS 9C) ME TYYY